LetsVenture, is an online marketplace that enables early stage start-up investments in India. The survey covered investors from India (70%) and global investors (30%).Their report is pointing to a comforting prospect for the SME industry at large. Below are a few of them.
- The market is seeing unlocking of alternate capital from 4 very different categories of investors: 2nd generation family businesses, Entrepreneur – turned investor, CXOs of organizations and the Global Indian.
- Along with traditional sectors such as financial services, retail, hospitality, the ecosystem is also witnessing growth of SME’s / Start -ups, offering innovative solutions in healthcare, automobiles, transport and smart mobility, hospitality, e-commerce, social segment, etc.
- Survey brought out the preferred sectors of investing by the angel investors. 1 out of 3 investors were sector agnostic.
- On Exits, the report shows the angels have not received spectacular exits yet. Despite that, angels from across the globe are taking active interest in investing in Indian start-ups, and their outlook is not limited to viewing them as just financial investments.
- Cross-border Investments are now a reality.
More insightful details are available in the report. Click here for the report by LetsVenture